WRITE A STORY. WIN A TREEFORT PASS.
Open to all. Closes 11:59 PM on March 2, 2017.
- Stories must begin with one of the following first lines (omit artist and song title):
- Tommy used to work on the docks. (Bon Jovi, Livin’ On a Prayer)
- We know where we wanna go. (Built to Spill, Living Zoo)
- Ghost in the mirror, I knew your face once, but now it’s unclear. (Rihanna, Never Ending)
- Each entry must be between 300 and 500 words in length. Strictly enforced!
- $5 reading fee for each entry, 3 entries max.
- Each piece submitted must be a completely resolved and compelling story (in 300-500 words).
- All submissions are anonymous. Name and contact details must not appear on the stories.
- All judging is anonymous. The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
1st place: 5-day Treefort GA pass
2nd place: Weekend 2-day Treefort GA pass
3rd place: Storyfort shirt and SWAG
Prizes are non-transferable.
All winning submissions will be published in the upcoming Spring 2017 issue of Basalt, CWI’s literary journal. All winners are invited to read winning submissions on the final day of Storyfort. No submissions from Treefort Music Fest, Storyfort, Duck Club organizers or Basalt staff will be accepted.
Scoop up your pass to Treefort 2017 now before the first artist announcement to save $20.