What an incredible start to Treefort V!! We had so so much fun last night. Today we continue the party, so go explore, discover something new and exciting and please CAPTURE THAT FLAG!!
Locals Sun Blood Stories will be starting the haunting, psychedelic vibes at El Korah Shrine* and catch the surfy sounds from HiHazel and then take a unicorn ride with Sugar Candy Mountain and then ride the dance wave to see Madrid’s Hinds and then Thee Oh Sees. Bounce on over to Neurolux to catch a night of rocknroll, featuring Treefort alums Aan, Israeli rock band Vaadat Charigim and finishing the night with local unicorns BAD90s (we hear their projections are going to be on fleek). Discover funk and soul while you get down with Ural Thomas and the Pain (Portland’s Pillar of Soul) at Hannah’s, don’t miss locals Lounge on Fire just before them. Catch fresh sounds from indie rockers all night long over at Mardi Gras* with a stellar lineup featuring TUFT, Hollow Wood, the fifth time around Treeforters Holiday Friends and UK’s The Crookes. Topping off the night with indie-electro-pop group Geographer. If you’re looking for dark and mysterious, check out the lineup at Knitting Factory* featuring Boise’s very own Wolvserpent and topping the night off with folk metal from the amazing Chelsea Wolfe. Check out the groovy vibes from Vancouver’s Bear Mountain and add the circus-freak themed performance by local contemporary dance company LED to your schedule before dancing the night away with Psycache while experiencing the slow motion crowd surfing with Michael Parallax at Rose Room* in between.
If you’re looking for some of the best in rocknroll, check out the lineup at Tom Grainey’s and Linen Building, for more of a twang swing on into Pengilly’s for the whiskey sippin vibes of Possum Livin, the gritty-sweet roots sounds of Curtis Sutton & The Scavengers, the incredible lyrics of The Hound Mystic, and the poetic masters The Easy Leaves. Find indie hip-hop up at The Reef where you’ll see multi-instrumentalist and indie label Fake Four co-founder Ceschi, the fringe hip-hop/rap stylings of Ecid & Bleubid, and local rap duo Stranger Danger. Cap your night with some craziness at Fatty’s – get down to the wild imagination of producer Clozee and world-renowned DJ David Starfire.
Kicking off four nights of laughs and giggles at Comedyfort hosted by Lady Bizness. Following the laughs at Liquid keep exercising those stomach muscles with multi-instrumentalist sex-positive revolutionary Rachel Lark and the interplanetary poet/storyteller food-raps of Chad Galactic and Dave Brogan.
Pacific Northwest weather rolled in the clouds and makes us just wanna Filmfort and chill. Add rockumentary A Band Called Death to your 4pm slot and be sure to hang around for a Skype Q&A with the director following. Also check out a block of gender-focused documentaries followed by discussions with filmmakers, moderated by Sean Desiree of Bell’s Roar.
Hackfort 3 officially kicks off today with a beer social at 5pm at Trailhead, sponsored by @twitter. Programming also includes Pitch & Switch (4pm) and a Fireside Chat with David Zipper and Jeff Chu (6pm). Pick up your Hackfort badge at the first event you want to attend.
Unplug (or charge your devices) for a few hours and learn some of the hottest deckbuilding card games while sipping on drinks at Owyhee at today’s Analog Gaming Happy Hour, hosted by our very own Drew Lorona.
Hear stories and poems from various story tellers, poetry writers and more at this free event on the 2nd Floor of Linen Building*
OTHER IMPORTANT DEETS
– Don’t forget to pick up your Treefort V souvenirs at the General Store, located inside the Owyhee….everything is in small quantities so snag it up now, while you can!
– It’s Springtime in Boise, so pack for all weather and bring layers!
~~ UPDATES ~~
– SALLIE FORD is no longer able to join us, however PLUM will be stepping in to play again for an all ages show at Linen Building Thursday at 11pm
– BIRTHH has cancelled so 2X2 will be starting now at 7:40pm at Olympic on Thursday.
– PORLOLO has cancelled so The Hound Mystics will play a little longer and Andrew Sheppard will start a bit earlier at Pengilly’s on Thursday night.
– LA DRONES! sadly also had to cancel so, CRY will move to 7:15pm at Mardi Gras on Friday.
– Weather in Denver has halted BOYFRIENDS and MOMMY LONG LEGS from making it on time, so ADULT BOOKS will be playing at 9pm on Thursday. Check the app for updated set times for any and all Boise-bound bands traveling from Colorado.
*all ages venues
Want to relive the party that was yesterday? WATCH IT BELOW — warning do not peek if you have FOMO.