There’s no doubt about it — Boise is a literary city. Not only is our community home to a variety of writers of our own, but we welcome out-of-town novelists, poets, journalists, songwriters, bloggers, and more to read to us on a weekly basis with overwhelming local support. Boise is hopelessly devoted to great stories and great writers, Storyfort is the fruit of this devotion.
Our third annual Storyfort will feature events with writers (and readers!) from the Boise, the Northwest, and beyond. The readings and performances will take place on the second floor of The Linen Building and while Storyfort is free and open to the public, we do encourage you to purchase a 5-day Treefort Music Fest pass. Small-press books, zines, and writerly schwag will also be available to attendees.
Storyfort is presented by The Cabin with support from Ghosts & Projectors, CWI, Big Tree Arts, Story Story Night.
- Micro-Fiction Contest – We have partnered with Basalt, the student-run literary magazine from the College of Western Idaho, to run a micro-fiction contest. Everyone is welcome to submit a story between 300-500 words based off the first line of three popular songs by 3/3/2016. The winner will receive a 5-day Treefort pass. For more information, click here.
- Storyfort Launch Party – Monday, March 7th from 7-9 PM at the Modern Hotel and Bar.
- Eileen Myles is the author of over 20 books of poetry, fiction, and criticism including Chelsea Girls and I Must Be Living Twice: New and Selected Poems 1975-2014 she is also the muse for the acclaimed Amazon series “Transparent”.
- Jeff Chu covers international affairs, social issues, and design for Fast Company. He is also the author of Does Jesus Really Love Me.
- Anne Panning is the award-winning writer of fiction and nonfiction as well as the author of Super America and Butter.
- Michelle Penaloza
- Christopher Morgan
- Paige Ackerson-Kiely
- Scott Abels
- Kerri Webster
Full schedule and panel lineups to be announced.